Monday, March 10, 2008

Miracles

As a separate post, I wanted to share with you a story Dr. Grothey shared with us today.

He had a patient about five years ago that had stomach cancer with a very poor prognosis. The patient was given the protocol of 5-FU (my first treatment therapy). The patient had a severe reaction to the treatment. His body responded to the therapy as if he had been given a dosage 100 times the amount given. He should have died.

This man was very lucky. He ended up in the hospital for three months in a coma. When he awoke from his coma he had been completely cured. He recently celebrated his fifth year of being cancer free.

I believe Dr. Grothey shared this story with me for a reason. I am holding on to that hope and believing that things happen for a reason....miracles take place every day.

No comments: