Friday, February 29, 2008

A New Day Has Come

The view from the windows in my hospital room creates a desire to rejoin the world. I see traffic flowing out on the freeway near the hospital and recognize that the world continues to go on...I want to be a part of it. That would lead me to believe I am feeling better and recovering!

I have had a very healthy day today. I am tolerating food, napping peacefully and feeling so much better than I had been. If what I have been experiencing today continues until tomorrow morning I will be given my pass to escape. Yipee!!!!

I never would have imagined that when I arrived in the emergency room Monday afternoon that I would still be here today. Of course, at that point, I didn't know if I would make it out of the emergency room alive. Quite frankly, I was about as scared as I have ever been. At the time I thought I was being redirected on a long detour in my road in life. I now recognize it is was just another bump in the road. It has been a reminder to to live life presently and not be so concerned about what the future holds.

Set me free....I am ready to experience the joy of unwrapping multi-colored bows of each day.

1 comment:

Robin CHAN said...

Dear Kathy,

I came to your blog after looking at the pH miracle blog for 2 friends who have stage 4 cancers, one with NPC growing into brain and not treatable because of the area; the other has breast cancer growing into liver, resistant to drugs.

May I direct them to read your blog?

I am also looking at Gerson Diet for them. I understand that dietary restriction treatment is tough and can only be used as a alternative to conventional treatment.

Qi gong and abdominal deep breathing help too. (I am sure you know this)

Most of all, I just want to wish you all the best and live life with joy and happiness every day.

Yes, every day is a miracle.