Friday, November 2, 2007

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 08, 2007 05:22 PM, CDT

No chemo today. Bummer!!!

My white blood count was lower than the last time treatment was delayed. I will be receiving Neupogen injections daily over the next five days. Treatment will resume on Monday the 13th.

My oncologist explained that my pelvic radiation has caused significant damage to my bone marrow. Evidently the pelvic area carries a large percentage of bone marrow and I will most likely never be able to reproduce consistent healthy cells.

I will be receiving Neupogen injections prior to every treatment from now on....and they hurt!

Thank goodness these drug companies continue to create these drugs. Without the likes of Neupogen, no chemotherapy. Without chemotherapy.....well, you know.

Thanks for your prayers....can I have a rain check until Monday?

No comments: