Friday, November 2, 2007

TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2007 09:46 AM, CDT

I'm home and resting very comfortably after the port procedure.

The skilled hands of Dr. Jaque had the port implanted in twenty minutes without incident. What a relief! Geez...I was such a baby going into this.

I've been concerned about the chemo technicians using the port so soon, knowing it will be tender for a couple of days.
Dr. Jaque knew what I was thinking without my speaking a word. He offered to have a needle line left in for ease. What a good man!

Another note for future reference. This procedure is very simple. Pain level is minimal.

Thank you all of your positive thoughts. You carried me through this. I could feel you there right along side of me. My blood pressure going into this was 94/72. Heart rate was 64. Yup....you were holding my hand.

I'll be resting today. The rest of you....enjoy and appreciate the gift of today.

No comments: