Friday, November 2, 2007

SUNDAY, JUNE 24, 2007 10:02 PM, CDT

I felt very close to my old self this weekend. I was able to spend a little time in the garden, work around the house and enjoy a bit of summer. I'm tired, but it's a summer weekend kind of tired. It's wonderful!!!

We've been busy. Friday night Corbin had her graduation. I am so proud of her. She is majoring in corporate finance and has worked very hard to achieve her goal. We had a small celebration at Ciao Bella after the ceremony. The memories Eileen and Corbin shared with us that evening were hilarious. It was fun listening to their tales from their younger years. What a gift to be able to giggle with the two of them.

Saturday greeted us with another evening of good company and laughter. It's amazing how the energy of other people can help ease ones burdens. Thank you for taking me away for a bit. You helped rejuvenate my spirit.

My mind is in a much better place. I have cleaned out my emotional closet and I'm ready to begin the next phase of this journey. I feel strong and whole.

These upcoming weeks....well, months, will be about one day at a time. Isn't that what it's about any way? Don't we all live for just one more day?

No comments: