Friday, November 2, 2007

THURSDAY, JUNE 28, 2007 08:23 AM, CDT

So far so good! I'm being pumped with chemo and there have been no adverse reactions. YES!

It was a very long day yesterday. We began at the Oncologist's office at 12:20 p.m. and ended at 7:15 p.m. A quick dinner at PF Chang and I was ready for bed and crashed once we arrived home.

The most interesting experience of the day was the first infusion in my port. They forced Benedryl through my body. Let's talk about a cheap high! The high lasted a few minutes and then I was off to dream land.

The Benedryl was used to stave off any allergic reactions I might have with the three various chemo infusions over the next several hours. I don't even remember them starting the Erbitux. I was too drugged to care.

Good news...no adverse reactions. Dick tells me he couldn't help but look over at me every 15 seconds to make sure I was still breathing. One of the side effects is difficulty breathing and heart failure.

I feel great this morning. Dick caught me singing to a commercial. I haven't been doing much of that lately. I think it took us both by surprise.

My chemo pack continues to pump my 5-FU until Friday at about 5:30. It's nice to be able to sleep in my own bed while receiving chemo. It just makes gentle mechanical noises every now and then. Just sling it over my shoulder and away we go!

I pray I continue to feel this well. Acupuncture has been scheduled for Friday to assist in any nausea or other discomfort. I'm attempting to stay ahead of any ill effects.

Enjoy your day!!! Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: