Friday, November 2, 2007

TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2007 11:01 PM, CDT

Someone once asked prizefighter James J. Corbett what was the most important thing a man must do to become a champion. He replied, 'Fight one more round'. - Unknown

I am mentally prepared and ready for my next chemo infusion tomorrow. It has been far too long since my last infusion and it's time to get the party started. I need to kick this thing in the butt!

Last weeks Erbitux infusion is showing its telltale rash. It has been growing more irritating as this day has worn. I keep telling myself, 'it's a good thing....it's a good thing'. The rash means the drug is working to keep this beast from creating more ugly cells. I guess vanity needs to be put aside when you are working at becoming a prizefighter.

Eileen and I had a busy day - - - Target Tuesday. We had a nice girls lunch and then marched through Macy's, Target and Barnes and Noble. We also had a nice leisurely walk through Galleria. I have cancer? Thank you Lord for providing energy for days like today.

I will be feeling your prayers tomorrow as I fight my next winning round. You are all ever appreciated.

No comments: