Friday, November 2, 2007

THURSDAY, JULY 26, 2007 09:46 AM, CDT

Yesterday's chemo infusion went very well. The Benadryl did not give me the crazy loopy feeling as it had been. That's a very good thing. It does make one question if you can become immuned to it. What does that mean in the future?

The infusion room was standing room only. I felt like I was communicating with air traffic control waiting for my chair... my home for the next several hours. I was chatting with my nurse about capacity. He agreed, they need a larger facility. We discussed the need for more staffing as well, as us baby boomer's are not getting any younger and unfortunately, their services will be in greater demand.

Neuropathy hit quickly. I had a few prescriptions to fill for nausea. As I was waiting, I decided to treat myself to a Caribou vanilla cooler. When I took the cold glass into my hands, I experienced the sting of freezer burn on my fingers tips. When I went to savor my first sip, it was as if I was swallowing shards of glass. Needless to say, I didn't get to enjoy my treat....but my neighbor did.

A wonderful woman that works with Dick, Joan Harrington, has been courageously battling lung cancer these past few years. She has been a true fighter. Unfortunately, her body is tiring and she is now in hospice. She has beautiful young daughters that could use your uplifting energy. If you have a moment, please add Joan and her young family to your intentions these next days.

God bless you Joan. Be at peace and feel the warmth of love that is being showered upon you.

No comments: