Friday, November 2, 2007

TUESDAY, AUGUST 21, 2007 09:30 PM, CDT

Let's start with the good news. After only two Neuopgen injections, my white blood count is at 18.6. Significantly higher than it needs to be. Yahoo!!!

One might be asking, gosh, I thought Kathy was denied a blood test to see what her counts were at?

Thus, the story begins....

There is one thing I did not share in my post yesterday. I've been dealing with this irritating cough that appeared to be getting worse by the day since Friday. I was put on a Z-pak yesterday without too many questions asked. As I was back in the office again today for my next injection, I mentioned I was growing very concerned about the cough. It was suggested that I go to the emergency room where they could do a more thorough examination than the doctors office. (Strange, I know.)

I won't bore you with details and get right to it. Emergency room doctor requested a chest x-ray to see if there was any sign of pneumonia. Everything came back clear and my lungs sounded fine. Being the thorough doctor, he suggested I have an EKG as well as a CT scan of my chest, oh, and blood work. He came back with results showing no bronchial/lung infections. They don't know why I am coughing so much and we will continue to keep an eye on things.

He then shared with me my CT scan results. Evidently the chemo I have been enduring hasn't helped in any way. My cancer has grown and spread . There is significant change in the thickening of the lining of my right lung, as well as new growth near the area that was surgically removed. There is also evidence of new tumor growth in my left upper lobe.

So, what does this mean? I have no answers. All of the educated people are going to have to put their heads together and figure out a better plan. This one just isn't working.


No comments: