Friday, November 2, 2007


SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 09, 2006 09:24 AM, CDT

Ding...dong...the picc line's gone! I believe it was a unaimous decision that my newest line was not meant to be. Right now my chemo is going through a regular IV line. What a relief!

Due to the blood clot that was forming in my left arm, I am now required to treat myself with Lovenox, also known as Enoxaparin. It is an injection that I put in my stomach twice a daily, for approximately 10 days. Now I know how diabetic patients feel. That stings!

What is the choice? A blood clot migrating to a life threatening area or bruise up your stomach with needles? Easy answer.

This chemo infusion is going very well. Other than a lower energy level, I am feeling quite good. Sleep is good. I take Ativan (Lorazepam) at bed time. It puts me right to sleep and I am rested and ready for what awaits me the next day.

Now...to the subject of that beautiful note from my dear husband. What are you trying to do to me? All those terrible tales of woe....now I will never be believed. Yes....I cried....a lot.

No comments: