Friday, November 2, 2007

MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 2007 04:24 PM, CDT

Ya know, when the educated people tell you that your cancer is incurable...they mean it!!!

I met with the oncologist today. He reviewed my latest CT scan results only to agree with me that my current chemo regiment is not working. So...no treatment today.

I had no intention in having treatment anyway, as I want to keep myself healthy in case I have surgery in the cards in the not too distant future.

Well, I'm a step ahead. I started communicating with Mayo last week. Now my oncologist has put me on the fast track with them, and my friend Steve is making his calls into them as well. The Oncology department called me today to let me know they are trying to make room for me. Evidently they put an entire team together, so it's more than just an appointment with a handshake.

I'm thinking they are going to want to remove the new nodules that are quietly making themselves cozy in my left lung. My surgeon says it's time to pull out the big guns and remove much more than that. He started naming off chest wall, ribs, a lung.....scary, eh?

I've also been accepted at Cancer Treatment Center of America in Zion. They could make room for me as soon as Thursday this week. They are biting at the bit to get me as a patient. I am getting the impression they are very good with treatment.... What about surgery?

Eileen has offered me one of her lungs. Brings tears to my eyes. My answer to her is shopping. I'm learning every time I get bad news we go shopping and I buy her another piece of Betsey Johnson jewelry. The collection is growing!

So...over the next few days, if I could ask that you send positive thoughts to the Mayo people to get me in sooner than later, that would be great!

I'll keep you all posted. It could be quite an interesting ride this week.

My love to all of you!

No comments: