Friday, November 2, 2007

FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2007 12:12 PM, CDT

I think I said something about this being a roller coaster of ride kind of week. Well, my words were indeed true.

The Mayo Clinic must be bursting at the seams with patients. With referrals, personal phone calls from people with connections and my own personal begging, the soonest we will get in to see the team is September 13 - 14.

That is just not soon enough! I'm sorry! I just don't want to give these messed up cells any more time to breed and multiply. I have been reading that when you are taken off of chemo, such as my current situation, one's body is weakened and it allows the cells to grow even faster!

So, I've been on the phone with Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, Illinois. (my home town, can you believe it?) They are able to get me in next Wednesday. Evidently they do thorough testing and reviews, as they might want to keep me as long as five days.

Maybe this is just the way things are supposed to work. At least Dick and I will be able to hear what CTCA has to offer prior to seeing Mayo. It will be a great comparison and learning experience all around. Like we need more education on the subject, eh?

I have been advised that a candle has been lit in my honor at the Sistine Chapel in Rome! My goodness, if that isn't a direct prayer line to the powers that be, I don't know what will work!!! Hey, but don't think you need to stop praying! I'll still take as many personal prayers, prayer chains, candle lighting, masses and just plain good positive thoughts as I can get!!! Thank you.

Emotionally, it has been a rather difficult week for me. Evidently I didn't quite get the lesson that needed to be learned when we were going through this a year ago. I'm thinking I was awakened and somehow hit the snooze button. I'm listening now....do you hear me? No more snooze button! Could something please bong me on the head and give me a few clues as to what I'm missing? I don't need direct answers....just a little enlightening.

It's Labor Day weekend. Where the heck did the summer go? Wow...times passes quickly when you're having fun....lol.

Please have a safe and memory making weekend.

No comments: