Monday, July 7, 2008

It's Working!!!!!

I am in the final week of the four week trial here at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion. Have you heard? We have reason to celebrate!!!

Last week I was experiencing rather extensive back pain and spasms. The doctors wanted to run a CT to rule out a few of their concerns. Although the CT did not give answers as to my back pain, the scans did show tumor reduction! I received the great news right before leaving for the 4th of July holiday. We're all extremely happy around here.

Dr. Stephenson sat with me this morning and explained that the largest and fastest growing tumor in my right lung is showing great response to the Vitamin C infusion. In his words, the tumor is showing necrosis. Basically, the tumor is dying from the inside and any blood supply is quickly being cut off due to the Vitamin C.

We are still working out the 'what next' details. They have invited me back for the next phase of the study. They would like me to take a month off. At that time, if there is not significant change in tumor growth, I will be a guinea pig for another four week experiment. Seems worth it to me!!!!

Isn't that some of the best and most incredible news you have heard from me in a long, long time? My big tumor is dying!!!!

Blessings to all of you. You have played a HUGE role in this and deserve your own congratulations and celebration!!!!

Oh....and I think I figured out the back pain. Please don't refer to me as the Princess and the Pea or Goldilocks..... The bed that I have been sleeping on is too soft.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not a pea under your mattress- It's a left over Cuban Black Bean!

Unknown said...

Congratulations sweetie!! I think about you every day and hope all is going in a positive direction. So exciting!!! You know your giving us ALL some hope. Thank you.
Cheryl
Colon cancer surgery 2/27/08