Friday, November 2, 2007


WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2006 11:49 AM, CDT

Gosh, where does the time go? I am sorry that I have not been keeping you updated, but there really isn't that much to report.

Let's see.... Dave and Jess' wedding went very well. The ceremony was beautiful! I don't cry at weddings...but this one just caught my heart. Could have something to do with the greater appreciation I have for marriage and how important life partners are as we age.

My strength and endurance is building daily. Aside from strange chemo side effects (chemo brain and heart burn) and a few long term radiation concerns, (you don't want to know) I'm doing great....and feeling very blessed!

Right now we are sitting at a 'wait and see' mode. I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 25th. At that time I hope to learn if the beast that was growing within me was obliterated or if I am going to have to deal with surgery.

Yes, I get very anxious, thinking that I might still harbor a disease. Some days my brain is worthless....distracted in 'what if'. I do my best to not let thoughts take over, as I am learning to live for each day and realize it is a gift. I also appreciate the drug that sits at my bedside, lorazepam, that keeps me from waking up from bad dreams. Guess the dreams are pretty normal...but I don't like what my sub-conscious is thinking.

Kathy, thank you so much for the colorectal ribbons. Mom gave them to me when she visited on Monday. What a beautiful talent you have. I am looking forward to sharing the ribbons. You were very sweet to take the time to make them.

So...life is getting back to normal. I'm back to cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping....all the things I missed. It's amazing how the small things can become so important when you don't have the ability or energy to do them.

I am blessed to have friends and family that care so much. You are all truly loved and appreciated. Thank you, thank you, so much for you continued thoughts and prayers.

No comments: