Friday, November 2, 2007

TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2007 09:49 PM, CDT

The weather is Minnesota is spectacular! What a wonderful time of year. My garden is in full bloom. We're able to enjoy dinner and conversation on the deck. I am able to sit outside and listen to the fountains in the ponds we installed just a few years back. What more could one ask for?

It's been a busy day. I was at the hospital collecting medical records. I am being referred to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for treatment. They need all of the detail to make the decision to accept me.

I am blessed, as I have an 'in' to get into this world renowned facility. I may have the opportunity to meet and be treated by the best lung surgeon in the world, as it is likely I will require additional surgery.

I just, by chance, ran into my colorectal surgeon today while roaming the halls of the hospital. What a wonderful and caring man (another story).

What he shared with me is that he and my thoracic surgeon had been chatting about me this morning. They both came to the conclusion I need radical surgery. Remove a good chunk of my lung as well as several ribs. This all needs to be completed before I am able to receive chemo. They both agreed it will take a special surgeon.

So, as I enjoy this amazing day and acknowledge this wonderful gift that has been given to me, I still want.

If I could please ask for prayers and positive intentions. That I will be given the opportunity to receive the skilled and talented hands that will give me the opportunity to enjoy many more years....of days, just like this.

No comments: