Friday, November 2, 2007

THURSDAY, JUNE 07, 2007 05:28 PM, CDT

I would like to apologize for not being able to respond to your kind letters and communications these past few days. I believe our internet is up and running for good. Thank you for your patience.

I am in a better state of mind. Dear friends and family are providing me with promising stories of others that have had this terrible disease and beat it.

Healing from surgery is taking much longer than I anticipated. I am not able to push myself with the simple pleasure of walking, as it causes me to be out of breath. When I sit for too long, my sutures scream to be relieved. Catch-22 at it's best game.

I have nothing further to tell you about treatment. Until I have healed very little progress will be made on that front. Second opinions are being considered. Dick is working out all of those details for me.

Eileen went out and purchased an ice cream maker today. We thought making ice cream would be a fun way to spend time together. Normally we have 'Target Tuesdays', and other typical mother/daughter shopping adventures. With limited mobility right now this should be fun.

Speaking of ice cream, Dugan, would you like to try a little Oreo? Yeah....you know what I mean.

Love you all.

No comments: