Thursday, June 5, 2008

Of all things....Vitamin C!


The headlines are going to read 'Woman Returns Home For Cancer Cure!'

Oh...sorry...I should probably explain the latest and greatest news!!!! I am going to be a human guinea pig. A living petri dish. A very lucky test subject!!!!

Last Saturday morning I was exploring various cancer treatment center websites for clinical trials. My search brought me to Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, Illinois. I checked out their trials and found 'Clinical Trial of Intravenous Vitamin C for Cancer Treatment Underway'. Not only is it underway, but they are seeking test subjects. CTCA's first ever FDA approved clinical trial.

I made contact with CTCA that very moment. Wrote, in detail, my current plight. I said a prayer when I hit the send button; 'Please, Lord, guide this to the proper hands'. That person responded to me on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday began a flurry of phone communications. Today, I was told I was accepted. Amen!

Things have happened very quickly. I report at 8:45 a.m. next Wednesday. The first day will be diagnostics. Thursday I meet with the head of the program, Dr. Robert Levin. We proceed from there. It will require four days of infusions for four weeks.

Maybe I should explain the meaning of Zion, Illinois to some of you just getting to know me. Zion is my home town. I was born and raised there. Grade school, high school, my first kiss.... Yup....Zion.

Anyone that knows me, knows I am a 'Google' nut. I've been doing my research on the Vitamin C subject. This, quite frankly, sounds God-Sent and amazing! This Phase I trial holds great promise!

A good friend has already shared a personal story of a local woman here in Minnesota. She was in late stages of cancer. Advised by her doctor that she had about one month to live. She chose to investigate an alternative therapy....Vitamin C infusions. She is now enjoying her forth year of remission! There are many, many more reports with similar outcomes.

When I was told in April that I was not a surgical candidate and I no longer had other viable treatment options, I felt I was being told I had a limited future. At the same time, I also remember telling myself there was a reason I didn't have those options. I allowed my faith to carry me. It has carried me through so much. Faith has now brought me to this place. I am whole and healthy....and ready to kick some butt with Vitamin C of all things!

Your prayers have indeed been working! Thank you for being with me and believing!

This story should be for my friend Montel Williams. Unfortunately, his show is no longer airing. Oprah... I have a great story to share with you. Care to listen?

http://www.cancercenter.com/research/1.cfm
http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/174/7/937

2 comments:

williamsharum said...

Hi, I have read some of your blog. I am sorry about what has happened to you. You seem to have many people who care for you. I don't know if this will help, but please go to google videos and type in Cyber Knife. Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

HI Kathy I am glad to hear the great news :) THANK GOD!!!!:) I am still here praying for you ! and thinking about you ... I am soo happy to hear this great and miraculous news:) You will do great I have FAITH .. :)
I hope you are doing good and the family .
Hope to hear from you soon :) please let me know when you can how things are going :D
GOD BLESS YOU :)
LOVE hugs from Shannon