Friday, November 2, 2007

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2006 08:04 AM, CDT

Okay....the ugly details. You know how people ask you how are doing? Often, the common response is 'Same S... Different Day' Medically, my 'waste' is havig a field day and wants to stay comfortable in the warmth of my body.

With all of the treatments and items being put into and onto my body...it revolvted. The wall was hit....hard! All of these various materials, running a triathalon in my body, can't find the finish line. They keep running around screaming for help....knowing the only way to alievate their panic run is to cause me excrutiating pain, thus thy retreat and go back to running in circles.

So, I am currently sucking down cocktails (with kind laxatives), on i.v.'s to keep my body fluids running gracefully, eating a diet of broths and tea.

Every now and then, when I feel I may have the ability to end the war, I alert the nursing staff, they rush in with morphine, tap my iv line and pray for the best outcome.

Let's hope today see the light.

I can't wait to tell all of you about how Emergency Room professionals know nothing about treating oncology patients.

No comments: