Friday, November 30, 2007

Montel Williams

How is it said? Be careful what you wish for?

I have been hoping to find a way to communicate and educate on the subject of colorectal cancer. Along with CaringBridge, I have been writing on my own blogspot as well as Blog For a Cure. My hope was the more I wrote, the more the subject would be "Googled" and my journey would be read and the message spread. This is not just a disease of the old!!!

It worked! The Montel Williams show contacted me today. A producer from the show ran across my story and found it inspiring. After a bit of discussion, I was invited to share my story. What a gift! Dick and Eileen will be joining me and featured on the show as well. We head to New York next week for taping Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The show is focusing on leaving a legacy. Amazing, as that very subject has been weighing heavy and working on my emotions at a higher level as of late

I am fully aware that I am no different than any other cancer survivor fighting their own battle. I will not question why my blog caught the attention of the show. I do know I will do my best to represent all of us surviving and living with this daily.

Wish us luck! I'm looking forward to updating all of you upon our return.

No comments: