Friday, November 2, 2007

MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2007 08:58 PM, CDT

Exciting news!!!! Jeff is coming home on Friday!!!!! It's been almost four years since I hugged my first born. I'm beside myself with excitement.

The timing could not be more perfect. I am on a two week chemo break. With the break, I will have the energy to do the things that I want while he is home. Isn't it strange how things work? Maybe not strange...more of a blessing.

You may be asking....why a two week chemo break? Let me explain. Last week while I was in for my third infusion, I was advised that I will be off the upcoming two weeks. The way it was explained to me is I'm on three weeks, off two, on three, off two and on three more. If things go the way they are intended, that will complete my treatment sometime mid-January.

I have to tell you, I think this stuff they are loading my body with is working. I had been experiencing a terrible cough....constant and irritating. I also had pain in what I thought was my incision area from surgery in June. Simultaneously, the cough and pain have disappeared. I am thinking positively and believing that miracles are taking place.

It's a good thing I have this break. The third week of treatment had me in bed for three days. I can't imagine what a fourth week on the Taxol/Carbo combo would have been like. My body was being kicked to the curb and I didn't know how I was going to sustain. Obviously, the professionals saw it coming. Guess they know what they're doing, eh?

Today, I found myself singing in the car. Another experience I haven't enjoyed in quite some time, as it caused me to be out of breath. Wow...it felt great! Singing at the top of my lungs like a crazy person in the car by myself. 'So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye- So you think you can love me and leave me to die-Oh baby-cant do this to me baby-Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here' Yup....screaming out Queen. Gotta love it.

At home, we are experiencing a phenomenon in our home we have not enjoyed in months. I have been watching Dick and trying to understand why he looks so lost. Knock-knock. I think I've figured it out. We are not responding to a crisis. It seems that's how we have been living since the end of May. Strange. Who would think it would be difficult to become accustomed to living almost normal. Thank you Lord.

So....there's the update. Nothing but good news.

I know that I would not be delivering this good news if it weren't for all of you. Your prayers and well wishes.....they're working! Thank you....thank you....thank you!!!!!

Love you all!

No comments: