Friday, November 2, 2007

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 01, 2006 08:04 AM, CDT Happy Friday!!!! It's true, we all look forward to Friday's, but I have a new appreciation for them.

I made it through another week of radiation without a break. Other than some silly stomach bug that had been attempting to get the best of me, I have had a very good week.

Some might say it is the calm before the storm. The second round of chemo is next week. Knowing how it affected me the first round, I am not looking forward to it. Physically, I was a much stronger person the first time.

Before I forget. Several of you have been asking if I am eating. Absolutely I've been eating. Once the chemo left my system, my appetite returned. Pizza, hamburgers, ice cream and anything else that is high carb and fat have been staples...and I've still lost weight! (I'm always looking for that silver lining.)

Busy day ahead. Picc line replacement this morning (yuck). Radiation this afternoon. Then we're off for a wonderful weekend at the lake home of very good friends.

Have a fun and safe weekend. I will be thinking about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful community of friends and family in my life. You are all appreciated.

No comments: