Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This past week has been very difficult for me both physically and emotionally.

On a high note, I have completed my third cycle of treatment. Thankfully, my most recent blood results showed that I am still strong and have the ability to continue with my current regimen. Although I dislike daily Neupogen injections, as they cause deep bone pain, I am very fortunate to have it available to me. Without it, I would not have been able to continue treatment. Right now I will be enjoying a two week break and energizing myself for the next cycle.

Starting last week, the beginning of the "Holiday Season", my emotions ran amuck. Will I be here next year to enjoy another Thanksgiving? Christmas? I'm not living with statistics or odds, but, I have to admit, it is difficult to ignore them at times. Then, as I travel through this journey, I have such a great appreciation for the meaning of the Season. I have taken the time to reflect and appreciate memories from the past and look forward to creating future memories.

As I was going through my funk, I evidently picked up a passing virus. As hard as I tried, I could not recover from last weeks treatment. I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck. My body felt like it was slowly breaking down. I was very close to asking Dick to take me to the hospital on Saturday. Sunday night I was mentally preparing myself for Monday's infusion and my body was telling me no. When I arrived at Mayo, I thought for sure I was going to be sent away. I was surprised and thankful it was a go.

It's a new week. Today was a great day. I was up early and worked around the house. By mid-morning I was out for the first of my next series of injections, ran a few errands, enjoyed acupuncture and "Target Tuesday" with Eileen. I arrived home at 6:30 p.m. feeling pretty darn good.

The funk of last week has passed. I just keep learning. Don't give up....never give up.

No comments: